Wednesday 2 January 2019

Chapter two.......The heart of the game,

At the heart of  "The way to well-being" is the tree of life. The tree of life is a widespread myth known in many religions and philosophical traditions. The children in my workshops will be playing the game traveling through different areas on the board aiming to reach the centre and making their way to the wise tree.

As they journey the board the children will be gaining social skills, resilience, learning tools to manage anger and anxiety, they will need to work together, the kinder they are the further they will go.

We will focus on building positive, healthy relationships.



I was talking to someone today about bullying, they were reflecting on their own experience as a boy and how they were bullied.

We can all heal from the hurts of the past but it struck me that no matter how much time passes, no matter how well adjusted we are, the scars of past hurts remain even when we're healed.
I believe the healing of past hurts means that we can have meaningful relationships, we don't hurt others because of pain we carry but I think the scars can still have an effect on our self-esteem. The scars can cause little moments of fear or a lack of confidence if they are pressed.

I want to work with the bullied children to help them heal quickly so that the hurt doesn't fester and then hopefully the emotional scars will be minimal.

I want to work with the bully because their behaviour is most likely coming from a place of hurt, and I believe every child deserves support so they can be the best versions of themselves.

So these are some of my motivations and intentions. It is now time to focus on building up my game, I was blessed with the most wonderful Christmas and new year spending time with people who fill my heart with love and joy and I feel energised to create and share my love.

I feel like I've been dancing around the tree of life, connected between heaven and earth, enlightened, full of positive energy, good health and looking forward to a positive future. Whatever religion, or beliefs you hold, the awesomeness of a large old tree cannot be denied!



No comments:

Post a Comment